Is your baby up all day? All night? Is “napping” a word that left your vocabulary ages ago, and is “sleeping through the night” just a phrase you think someone made up to drive new parents crazy? Here are nine signs you need help with your little one’s sleep!
- Your definition of “sleeping in” is anything past 5 a.m.
- You’d be the proud owner of a gold medal if only “Replace-the-Pacifier” would be approved as an Olympic sport.
- The last time you got a full night’s sleep was…. Bahahahaha!
- Colourful sticky notes litter the floors of your house, warning guests of the squeaky areas to avoid for fear of waking that baby.
- Yesterday’s nap lasted 33 minutes instead of the usual 30, and your Facebook posts for the rest of the day ended in #winning!!!
- The exercise ball you previously used as a fitness tool is now a baby sleep-aid.
- You have spent more money on gasoline driving your baby around trying to get him to sleep than you spent on your first car.
- The barista at Starbucks knows your name, your baby’s name, exactly how many espresso shots you need based on the shade of purple under your eyes, the make of your stroller, the quietest corner of the store for you to sit in to avoid waking your baby, and you named her your child’s Godparent.
- Before your baby was born, you bought a designer crib and a hundred adorable bedtime books. After your baby was born, you bought a king-sized mattress and every baby sleep book sold on Amazon.
Can you relate? If you feel you have read EVERY sleep article online, that you have read EVERY baby book ever published, and that your baby is simply NEVER going to sleep, what you may need instead is a professional hand guiding you along the way. Don’t delay on sleep peeps!