When the temperature and the snow start falling, I love getting cozy in front of the fireplace with my girls – a book in one hand and a bowl of popcorn in the other. Our bowl however, isn’t filled with the traditional popped corn we are so familiar with. As a mother to a pickier and limited eater, I try to make every bite as nutrient-dense as possible. That’s why our bowl is piled high with healthy cheesy cauliflower.
If you’re throwing a holiday party, why not give your guests the gift of guilt-free snacking with this healthy popcorn twist?
Holiday Health Tip: Cauliflower is loaded with Vitamin C which will rev up your immune system in time for the cold and flu season. When you substitute cauliflower for corn, you are also consuming fewer calories and sugar-spiking carbohydrates. If you choose corn over cauliflower that is perfectly fine, but be sure to avoid the microwave variety which contains known carcinogens and other additives.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and toss in a bowl with oil, nutritional yeast, and spices.
- Spread cauliflower onto baking sheet and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Stir cauliflower florets two or three times for even baking, removing when they start to brown.