Everyone loves sugar cookies. You can easily customize it to any occasion.
Today, we are dedicating your regular sugars cookies to Halloween!
- 1 1/2 cups of softened butter
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium or large sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt in the mixture.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Lay cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes in oven.
- Once done, let cookies cool until no longer hot.
Use any icing of your preference to create your Halloween cookie designs and serve it up.