With the good weather moving in, there’s plenty of incentive to work at recovering your pre-baby hot bod while living a post-baby lifestyle! Here’s some tips that will help answer a variety of questions many people have along the way.
Here are trainer Robb Armstrong’s tips:
Nuts – A Real Superfood
If you think that nuts are too high in fat for a healthy diet, guess again. These nuts help lower cholesterol due to the amount of antioxidants, phenols, vitamin E, ellagic acid and gallic acid they contain.
- Cardiovascular Health – The monounsaturated fat in walnuts has a beneficial effect on cardiovascular health and is associated with a reduced risk for heart disease.
- Heart Disease – Omega-3 essential fatty acids (a special type of fat that is essential for our bodies, but that the body cannot produce) found in these nuts protect us against heart disease and the Omega-3 found in walnuts helps to prevent irregular heart rhythms.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Help reduce LDL (bad) and total cholesterol levels, provide anti-inflammatory benefits and are helpful if you suffer from asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema or psoriasis.
Benefits to Using Free Weights
When it comes to effective training, throwing some free weights like dumbbells into the mix will have you making great strides in shaping and toning up for a summer-ready body. So shed your fear of free weights to shed more pounds! Here’s why…
- Unlike a weighted machine that is fixed in one position, free-weight training is effective in recruiting additional stabilizer muscles to provide balance and coordination during any chosen exercise.
- Weight machines keep the weights steady and moving in the proper plane of motion. With free weights, it’s up to you to maintain proper form in order to engage your muscles to their maximum.
- There are a variety of exercises that you can do with dumbbells that you can’t do with machines. For example, if you’re creative, squats, lunges, step-ups, and many upper-body exercises can be performed with free weights.
Looking to Lose 10 pounds this Summer?
Losing weight is the result of continuously burning more calories each day than you are consuming. Here’s how to make it happen…
- Sensible Diet: No guessing allowed – that may be the main reason you got here in the first place. By estimate, if you cut 2500 calories from your diet in just one week it will result in 2lbs. of weight loss! Tip: 1 bagel contains around 215 calories!
- Drastic Calorie Cutting: It’s tough to wrap your mind around the idea, but you need calories to burn calories. If you continuously cut out too many calories from your daily diet your metabolism will actually slow down to protect against starvation, thus stalling your weight loss efforts!
- Full-Body Fat Loss: When it comes to your “problem” areas, you cannot “spot reduce.” Losing fat weight is an accumulation of burning calories and it happens evenly over your entire body. However, it’s your genetic predisposition that will determine the rate in which you lose fat from various areas on your body.
Have your January weight loss goals fizzled out? Get back on track to being bikini-ready by summer!
eLifesytle also offers personal training & group classes check out Elifestyle’s website
The thrill of success is far better than the pain of regret!