This dish is perfect for even the fussiest eaters. Even those who say they don’t like fish will love this delicious rainbow trout with a crispy crust. The best part? This recipe is super quick and easy. Serve with some sweet potato fries and a salad for a delicious and healthy dinner.
- 4 filets of rainbow trout (about 6 oz. each)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Check the fish for any small bones and remove using fish tweezers or your fingers. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs, zest, parsley and butter. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Press ¼ of the breadcrumb mixture onto the flesh of one of the filets of fish, repeat with the remaining four filets.
- Bake in the oven until the fish is cooked through and the crust is brown and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.