Your Personal Baby Clothes Shopping Guide both Internet and Stores
My favorite topic, SHOPPING!!!!!! Need I say more 😉 Here are a few great one’s to check out while your little one is sleeping and there are a few places to go when he/she wakes up.
– RETRO BABY: Love at first site (hahah get it). All my friends know that I love buying retro shirts for Frankie and this website is just that. From David Bowie to The Flash, Bob Marley, Mighty Mouse, Led Zepplin, they have it all! A friend of mine showed me this website and I went nuts. I wanted to make sure to share with everyone because their stuff is just that cool and not what you find in all the stores. Thanks to our friends at Retro Baby, they are offering all my readers a 20% discount. When you check out, use CODE: eco20retro – enjoy! www.theretrobaby.com/
– SNUGGLE BUGZ: I absolutely LOVE this website! I find nothing more annoying then when I go to a store to buy a product and it is sold out. I know it sounds silly, but come on, if you have a new product that you project will do well, STOCK UP!!! This website does! Now, most the time I don’t bother to go to the stores (unless I need the item immediately), I just buy it from Snuggle Bugz – they have free shipping, free returns and the product comes relatively quickly. Plus, their customer service is great! Side note: they have sales on car seats and a few of my fav strollers – best part, you dont need to schlep it, have it delivered to your front door. I HIGHLY recommend this website, they have great stuff. http://www.snugglebugz.ca/
– ROOMATES: A brilliant concept! How many people told you that you shouldn’t hang pictures over the change table or crib just incase it falls, so then what do you do to decorate? Here is the answer: giant wall stickers!! I bought a giant football grow chart (which my husband loved) for Frankie’s room and loved it so much, I ordered a giant Curious George sticker for above his change table. The first time he saw it, he couldn’t take his eyes off of it. He still to date loves to stand infront of it and play. www.roommatespeelandstick.com/
– 77 KIDS: Sometimes I wish my girlfriend didn’t introduce me to this website because I can’t stop buying. This line is by American Eagle and yes they ship to Canada (they often have free shipping if you spend over $100 which is quite easy). I bought Frankie the best pair of ripped jeans from here. Buyer beware 😉 www.ae.com/77kids/index.jsp
– GAP CANADA (and OLD NAVY): first things first, if you are buying from the Gap or Old Navy, wait for the online sales. If you don’t know when they are, I suggest you sign up for them because they have them often. I realized quickly, never buy full priced items from the Gap and Old Navy. They have the longest lineups in store. Solution: order online. Free shipping when you spend $50 or more and you can combine both stores in one order. www.gapcanada.ca/
– ELI’S LIDS: Super cute boarder hats for your little one’s! They even have cute girl one’s with a big flower on the side (for all of you that love the big flowers). http://www.elislids.com/
– PINK AXLE: Looking for a fall toque? This company has the cutest toques for both boys and girls. We all love the rocker type hats and these guys perfected it. They have skulls, motorcycles, peace signs, chandaliers etc in all different colours to suit all needs. They also carry other items, but I have not tried them out in person. http://www.pinkaxle.com/
– H&M: I can’t figure out why they do not have a website you can order from and what’s worse is that there are only a few locations that carry H&M baby (which are a trek for me). Rumor has it that H&M in Yorkdale is opening an H&M baby – YAY! Their clothes are beyond reasonable and they always have the latest trends. My absolute favorite short sleeve polos are from here, I bought them in multiple sizes so that when he outgrew one size, I still had another.
– ZARA BABY: Another great one that doesn’t have a website to shop on. Their little boys and girls clothes are just too cute. How I didnt realize until a few weeks ago that they had a baby store in Yorkdale is beyond me. I recommend you check it out, their clothes are so trendy.
– MALA (in Toronto): This is a new store that recently opened and already I am hooked. They are like the Holts for babies. They have all the best brands ie. Chaser, Aviator Nation, Joah Love, Appaman and more which are not brands you will find in your everyday store. The best part is that they dont carry a million pieces of each item so not every kid is wearing the same outfit. It isn’t cheap, but it’s worth it!!!
I truly mean this when I say thank you to my husband for putting up with my awful shopping habit, though he has agreed that his child is dressed better than he is 😉
Terri Krajden of Babylish Advice