- One large turkey breast
- One small jar of salsa
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Set oven to 375F.
- Heat up olive oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Season turkey breast generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Optional: add ground cumin in your seasoning mix.
- Sear turkey, skin side down first, for a few minutes until each side is golden brown.
- Take pot off heat and pour salsa around (but not on) the turkey breast.
- Cover the pot and put it in the oven for about 60 minutes or until cooked through (165F for poultry).
- Once the meat is cooked, you can pull it apart, and serve the reduced salsa over top of it.
- Option: use a slow-cooker (adjusting cooking times and amount of liquid as required)
- Cilantro lime rice (cook rice according to package directions, adding a drizzle of olive oil, the juice and zest of one lime, plus a handful of chopped fresh cilantro after cooking).
- Garlicky zucchini (pan sear a cubed zucchini or two in olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper until golden).