- 1 box of linguine
- 1 lb. of scallops (fresh or thawed from frozen), rinsed, patted dry, and seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ cup of white wine
- ½ cup of cream
- Zest and juice of ½ of a lemon
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- Butter or olive oil for frying
- Cook linguine until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or, for efficiency’s sake, boil the pasta while you cook the rest).
- In a frying pan with high sides, sear scallops on each side until golden and set aside.
- In the same pan, sautee onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add wine, cream, lemon juice and zest and saffron to make a broth. Cook for a few minutes to mellow out the wine a bit.
- Toss cooked pasta and scallops in broth and serve.
Guilt salad (any greens, any sliced veggies on top, dressed in any light vinaigrette… to help you justify eating a bowl of cream on a Monday night)