This dish is full of flavour and only uses one pan for easy clean up. While the chicken is in the oven whip up some rice and this meal
1. 4 skin on, bone in chicken thighs
2. 2 tbsp. olive oil
3. 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
4. 1/4 tsp. sweet paprika
5. 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
6. pinch of cayenne pepper
7.1/4 cup Sherry
8. 1 small can cherry tomatoes, excess liquid drained (you can also use 1 pint of fresh cherry tomatoes, but I like the saucy
consistency the canned ones add to the dish)
9. 2 roasted sweet bell peppers, sliced (you can use jarred to save time)
10. 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
11. 1/4 lb. cured chorizo sausage, sliced
12. 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
13. small handful parsley, chopped
14. kosher salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the chicken with the 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, thyme, both types of paprika, cayenne pepper and a
pinch of salt. Toss until the chicken is coated.
3. Heat a medium sized skillet over high heat. Once hot add the remaining olive oil. Sear each piece of chicken until the skin is
crispy, about two minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate, keeping the skillet on the heat.
4. Lower the heat to low and pour in the sherry, using a wooden spoon scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and
then let the sherry reduce by half. Once reduced take the pan of the heat.
5. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, chorizo, garlic and a sprinkling of salt to the pan and lightly stir to combine. Place the
chicken pieces on top. Place the skillet into the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
6. Carefully remove from the oven, sprinkle with the parsley and serve with Spanish rice.