Author: Samantha Goren, RD
Yield: 2 small jars
- 4 cups of Fresh Strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp white Chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp of honey, or enough until reach desired sweetness (can substitute with agave, maple syrup or sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, add the quartered strawberries.
- Allow to cook on a low boil until softened.
- Use a potato masher to break them up.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add your honey to sweeten the strawberries. Add enough until you reach desired sweetness. Add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add the chia seeds and cook on low heat until thickened for about 10 minutes.
- It should be thick and gelatinous at this point.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a jar. Refrigerate overnight. This will help the seeds to soften further.
Note: the jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 1 year.