The combination of potatoes and walnuts is surprisingly amazing! Try out these potato crisps as a fun after school snack or party finger food.
For Potato Crisps:
• 3 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
• 1 tablespoon oil (olive, or grapeseed)
• Fine-grain salt and ground black pepper
For the Walnut Taco Meat:
• 1 cup walnuts (toasted is the best)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Sour Cream
• 2 to 3 green onions sliced thinly
• Fresh black pepper
1. Make Potato Crisps: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Rub potatoes to disperse the oil evenly. Sprinkle the potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
2. Roast potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping them once halfway through, until tender and lightly browned. Allow the potatoes to cool for 5 minutes before assembling.
3. Make the Walnut Taco Meat: In a food processor, combine the walnuts, oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne and process into a fine crumble. Or chop and mix ingredients by hand). Set aside.
4. To assemble, top each potato slice with 1 teaspoon of sour cream, followed by about 1 teaspoon each of walnut taco meat, salsa, and green onions, in that order. Garnish with pepper. Serve immediately, while warm.